Trailer Interchange Insurance helps truckers secure themselves against financial liability for damage to, or loss of, non-owned trailers and equipment. This insurance provides Physical Damage insurance for trailers under a trailer interchange agreement. This is essentially Physical Damage insurance for non-owned trailers. Since you do not own the exchanged trailers, separate insurance coverage is required since they are not covered under your regular Physical Damage insurance.
Trailer interchange insurance pays expenses from damage incurred to the trailer in the following scenarios:
- Loading the freight
- Unloading the freight
- Accidental fires
Exceptions and Restrictions
- The trailer needs to be in the insured’s possession at the time of coverage under a written trailer interchange agreement.
- The trailer owner must purchase a liability insurance policy to be eligible for Trailer Interchange insurance.
- This insurance is currently only available for tractors and pickups.
- There must be at least one trailer, owned or not owned, insured for each tractor or pickup.
- It’s not currently valid in the state of Virginia.
Protect your trucks and trailers with our comprehensive range of insurance coverage. Contact us now.