Our vehicles are important to us. We take so much time and money into acquiring them, so why not protect them with reliable truck insurance in California? That is your first step in protecting your vehicle from unforeseen circumstances.
So, what are the dos and don’ts of filing your insurance claim? Allow our truck insurance specialist in Downey, California, to share with you these important notes
- Make sure to have all documents: policy papers, a valid driving license, etc. Otherwise, your claim will be rendered invalid.
- Contact the police and complete a First Information Report since these are mandatory to claim your insurance.
- Contact your insurance services provider, in this case, Rapid Document Insurance Agency, to report the accident. Expect a minimum delay of 24 to 48 hours. While you’re at it, go through your policy and see if it covers your current situation.
- Take photographs of the scene/damages.
- Be honest with the details, jot down names and contact details of any witnesses, and maintain a record of bills and expenses incurred.
- Do not move your vehicle or the other party’s vehicle from the scene.
- Informal settlements won’t grant you your claim, so make sure to follow numbers 1 to 5.
- Stay calm and never lose your temper. Contact the police, file your report, and ensure the safety of everyone involved.
- Driving under the influence and participating in rash driving or racing will render your claim invalid.
- Before understanding what the policy covers and excludes, do not give any written agreement to anyone. Get legal help when necessary.
Please remember to always follow road safety to protect yourself, your truck, and other drivers. For more details, don’t hesitate to contact us at.